NOTE: A Spanish language version is posted with this story.
WEST COLUMBIA, SC -- Registration is open for the 2021-2022 school year for new and returning Lexington Two students. The district plans to begin the school year with face-to-face instruction five days a week on school campuses.
Lexington Two families will complete registration online again this year.
- Families of NEW students will go to the district website, www.lex2.org, and click on the REGISTER button in the center of the home page and select the link for New Students.
- Families of RETURNING students will complete the process through their PowerSchool Parent Portal accounts.
Two proofs of residency and a photo ID are required to register students for classes in Lexington Two public schools, which are in the communities of Cayce, West Columbia, Springdale, Pine Ridge and South Congaree.
Once online registration is completed, those two proofs of residency and photo ID will need to be presented to the school -- in-person, by email or fax -- before the first day of school on Monday, August 16, 2021. Parents/legal guardians must show one proof of residency from each category below:
- Tax receipt showing that both property and dwelling are in Lexington Two
- Mortgage receipt or bill
- Rental or lease agreement or a notarized letter from the landlord (must include the rental property address and the landlord/rental agency's contact address and phone number)
- Cable television bill
- Telephone bill
- Gas/electric bill
- Water/Sewer bill
- Official federal government documents
In addition, families of new students also must provide the following information and documents to their schools:
- Child’s name, age, date of birth and grade level for the 2021-2022 school year
- Photo of the parent/legal guardian driver's license
- Photo of child's birth certificate (long form) and immunization form
- For 4K students only, proof of income (acceptable forms of proof: child’s Medicaid card, parent/legal guardian’s pay stub or income tax information)
The Lexington Two Office of Student Services is available to help parents/legal guardians with special circumstances for registration, such as:
- Lack of two proofs of residency in the parent/guardian name
- Residence and utilities documents in someone else’s name
- Person registering student is not the legal guardian
- Family/student are homeless, as defined by Public Law No. 100 – 77
Parents/guardians with special circumstances may call Student Services at (803) 739-3141 to schedule an appointment for assistance. No walk-ins will be accepted. The office is located in the Lexington Two Community Education Center, 114 Hook Ave., West Columbia.
A NOTE ABOUT FREE/REDUCED LUNCH
If you feel that you may qualify for free or reduced price meals, be sure to indicate that in the appropriate area during student registration for 2021-2022. However, simply marking the appropriate portion of your online registration does not mean that you have applied for the free or reduced price meal program. A new application is required each school year. Check the PayPams.com website after July 1, 2021, for the new 2021-2022 application. The district will also send out updated information to families once the new application for free/reduced price meals is available.
The SC Department of Health and Environmental Control has updated its list of required immunizations for the 2021-22 school year.
Students enrolled in grades 5K-12 in both public and private schools must be up-to-date on the following shots based on their grade level:
- Hepatitis A (5K)
- Hepatitis B
- DTaP (tetanus, whooping cough)
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Tdap (whooping cough booster required before seventh grade)